This Selecting a President: Primaries and Caucuses lesson plan also includes:
What is a party caucus anyway? And what part do caucuses play in the primaries? Everything future voters need to know about the four stages in the presidential selection process is provided by this resource. The 2012 US Presidential election is used as a model.
- Have class members fill in the primary and the general election results of the 2012 election state by state
- The first of a two-part series on the US presidential election process, the plan may be used alone or in conjunction with The Nominating Convention and the General Election resource
- The resource pre-dates the 2012 election
- The 23-page packet includes information about the each state's date and party primary type, political cartoons, discussion questions, and an overview of the plan
- Little scaffolding is provided for the analysis section of the lesson; instead, the lesson presumes class members a familiar with how to analyze documents