This Self/Social lesson plan also includes:
Body language, our perception of others, and how to make a better impression socially are the focus topics for this activity, which is part of a 23-activity series on building important life skills. Learners complete a questionnaire on common social behaviors, discuss social skills, and role play how to address challenging social tasks.
- As an extension activity, research the concepts of introverts and extroverts, and the qualities normally associated with each type of person
- Be sure to mention the note listed in the lesson overview, discussing cultural differences in what is socially acceptable
- Consider an alternative format or setting for the role-playing situation rather than a counseling session, which could be easily misunderstood
- All worksheets and answer keys included
- Additional wordsearch activities provided (see included materials)