This Send a Postcard lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Using Claude Monet's On the Bank of the Seine as inspiration, young artists create their own postcards. During the lesson, learners discuss the techniques used in Monet's painting, as well as the woman in the painting, and learn how to address postcards.
- Instead of having individuals mail their postcards to themselves immediately, save them for the end of the year and mail them out as a surprise
- It is unclear in the lesson procedures if kids should paint in an impressionist style on their postcards
- Combines several different skills (art analysis, painting, writing, etc.)
- Includes a brief glossary of related terms