This Sending Numbers lesson plan also includes:
Binary graphing ... bit by bit. Pairs work together to develop a protocol in order to send the points of a graph. One partner sends the points and the other receives them and tries to recreate the graph. The pupils use the rubric to reflect on the success of their protocol.
- Conduct a short review of binary numbers
- Give pairs the same graph to recreate and see who can do it with the least number of bits
- Pupils need to know how to graph points on a coordinate plane
- The lesson is the seventh in a series of 19
- The lesson plan has teaching tips, making this a ready-to-go and easy resource to teach
- A video introduces the Internet simulator used in the activity to the class