This Sense of Place lesson plan also includes:
Explore the five senses with a kindergarten lesson on gardening. After taking a walk through the class garden, kids note what they see, hear, feel, taste, and smell, and then decide what is living in the garden versus what is not living. They use an attached worksheet to record their observations, and decide what guidelines should be followed when a class is in the garden.
- Bring samples of what you are growing in the garden for kids to taste
- Use their sensory observations to create short poems
- If you don't have a class garden, take kids on a nature walk or have them imagine a garden based on a picture
- Requires kids to come up with and adhere to class guidelines in the garden; consider having a list ready in case they need some help
- Comes with a detailed rubric and fun worksheets, as well as attached tests about what they have learned and additional lessons in the series