This Sensory “Star Spangled Banner” lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Music can help us to access memories and events in a meaningful way, and Francis Scott Key used specific words to convey what he had seen and felt when writing what would become America's national anthem. Help your class connect to the "Star-Spangled Banner" and explore the impact of the song as a poetic description of unifying moment in the nation's history.
- A great way to bring an important text to life
- Interdisciplinary assignment with language arts - groups select an event from history and create an original poem that "paints a picture" of the event
- Learners design their own rubric, outlined in a graphic organizer
- Some broken hyperlinks, but material can still be accessed through an online search