Scholars analyze why the Founding Fathers separated the governmental powers into three branches. They use evidence from a short video clip, the third in a 50-part series, to draw conclusions on the importance of having checks and balances in the American system.
- Create groups that represent the three branches of government and role play passing a bill into law
- Develop guiding questions for class members to answer while viewing the video
- Requires Internet access if assigning the Crash Course video clip as homework
- Lesson includes the clone zone to differentiate instruction
- Provides primary photography and video clips to enhance the lesson for visual learners