This Sequences video also includes:
To say it explicitly—put the terms in order. Pupils learn about the two main sequences, arithmetic and geometric and discover the general explicit formulas for both types. Using the formulas, learners then calculate specific terms of the sequence.
- Make the connection between linear and exponential functions to arithmetic and geometric sequences
- Have classmates identify the type of sequence for each problem before coming up with the formula
- First lesson in a three-part unit on sequences and series
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Answer key shows the steps to arrive at the solution
- Includes two extra worksheets for those needing additional practice