Gain insight and encouragement with a video that details the importance of goal setting and helpful tips to make the most progress. Scholars learn the difference between long-term and short-term goals, answer questions to identify specific goals, and get the inside scoop on how to use the acronym S.M.A.R.T.
- Send the link home for pupils to watch prior to discussing its contents in class
- Take screen shots and print important scenes to display around the classroom as goal-setting reminders
- Accompany the video with a goal-setting notebook in which learners can take notes, answer questions, write their goals, and monitor progress
- Beware of comments and suggested videos that arise before and after the video plays
- Queue the video in full screen so that it is ready to play without any distractions
- Provides positive reinforcement for the failures and sacrifices that class members may experience from goal setting
- Offers an acronym to remember the video's essential tips