Expect great things from this reading comprehension exercise that asks readers to cite evidence from the provided passages of Great Expectations to support the inference that Charles Dickens' Miss Havisham, and her room, are indeed strange.
29 Views 19 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- The worksheet can be used as a practice set, or to assess how well readers are able to identify evidence in a text to support an inference or an analysis
- Use the exercise early in the reading of Great Expectations to model how to draw inferences from Dickens' writing
- The exercise is designed to address Common Core standards
- The exercise assumes readers have experience drawing inferences and using evidence from the text to support their analysis
- An answer sheet is included