This Sharing Markers assessment also includes:
Let your first graders translate these word problems into subtraction sentences. Some of the equations involve finding the answer after Char gives some of her markers away, while others require finding the amount of markers Char started with or the amount she gave away.
- Instruct learners to write an equation that matches each word problem in order to demonstrate their understanding of what the question is asking
- Use as a way to introduce variables letting t = total and m = markers
- Best used as an assessment task after learners are familiar with subtracting
- Comes with teacher version of the worksheet that includes the answers and teacher commentary
- Presents the three ways a sinple subtraction equation could be set up in order to solve for a missing number