This Shizuko’s Daughter: Anticipation Guide lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Focus on the literary themes of Kyoko Mori's Shizuko's Daughter with an anticipation guide. Kids read statements about respect, abandonment, and love, and mark their agreement or disagreement before beginning the novel. After they finish, they consider the questions again.
- Encourage kids to write a persuasive essay on one of the topics before they start the book, and then readdress their opinion once they finish it
- Use the questions as discussion topics for smaller groups
- Some of the questions about suicide could be sensitive for your learners
- Questions are thought provoking and would make good discussion topics
- Comes with two versions of the worksheet for kids to complete before and after reading the novel