This Shizuko’s Daughter: Problematic Situation lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How could you decide which of your late mother's possessions are important enough to take to college with you? Decide which items would be the most valuable to you with an activity based on Kyoko Mori's Shizuko's Daughter. After learners read a list of 15 items, they rank each in order of importance, discuss their opinions in small groups, and compare their decisions to Yuki's choices.
- Assign a writing prompt for kids to argue which items would be most important, based on passages from the novel
- Have kids decide which heirloom in their real home they'd like to take to college with them, and why
- Provides an instruction sheet and blank worksheet for learners
- Encourages kids to use critical thinking when comparing three sets of decisions