Examine the text of Kyoko Mori's Shizuko's Daughter with a reading guide. With questions that prompt kids to refer to the reading as well as to their own experiences and opinions, the guide is an effective way to keep them engaged with the novel.
37 Views 33 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have kids come up with their own questions as they read
- Use the questions in small reading groups for kids to discuss their reading
- Encourage learners to expand one of the questions into a longer answer, using examples from the text
- Only includes questions for Chapters 12 and 13
- Straightforward for levels of all reading levels
- Questions access different areas of learning