This Shortest Distance between Line and Point video also includes:
A short video shows how to find the shortest distance between a line and a point on the coordinate plane. Using the fact the shortest distance is the perpendicular, the presenter shows the class how to find the intersection of the two lines. To finish, viewers find the distance between the point of intersection and the given point.
- Review finding the intersection of two lines
- Individuals should be comfortable working with square roots
- Assumes the class knows how to evaluate linear expressions
- Shows the work required to arrive at the solution
- Includes graphical representations