This Should We Be Looking for Life Elsewhere in the Universe? video also includes:
Is there life beyond Earth? If so, should we make contact with that life? Carl Sagan, along with other astronomers, packed the Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 with sounds of the Earth and Earth's inhabitants, hoping to reach life beyond ourselves and let extraterrestrial life discover us. Watch the video to find out even more about their extraordinary adventure.
- Flip the classroom and have pupils view the video and complete the quiz outside of class, saving class time for discussion
- Encourage learners to write a creative narrative about a time when they met an alien from another planet, or an argumentative essay about whether we should more fully fund space exploration
- Requires online access to view the video
- Video's graphics and sounds are fun and engaging
- Along with the video, the resource includes discussion questions, links to further research, and a quiz to check for understanding
- Great for learners of all ages