This Should We Eat Bugs? video also includes:
Cricket cookies? Mealworm mac and cheese? Bugs are super nutritious! Why don't we eat them? Viewers discover the history of entomophagy, that is, the practice of eating insects and spiders, by viewing a fascinating video that explores how reviving or expanding the practice of eating bugs could solve many of our world's problems! A stimulating and enriching discussion topic for a life science, social studies, or health class.
- Can be used with a variety of subjects: life science, social studies, or health
- A variety of edible insects can be found on the Internet; bring some in for adventurous students to try
- Clever animation supports the narrative, resulting in a high-interest video
- Links to related resources available via Dig Deeper
- Assessment and discussion questions available for processing the information