This Should We Have More Than 2 Major Political Parties? | America From Scratch instructional video also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
The advantages and disadvantages of the United States' two-party system are the focus of a short PBS video. After listening to a series of political scientists, viewers are asked whether they think the United States should change its political system to support multiple political parties.
- Have groups investigate elections where third party candidates changed the results of elections
- Have other groups research countries that have multiple parties to determine how they decide who wins
- Part of the "America From Scratch" BPS series
- The worksheet includes links where class members can research the platforms of the Democratic and Republican parties