Many religions and diets suggest fasting, but what does the science say about this method? An interesting video takes on fasting from an evolutionary and scientific perspective as part of a larger biology playlist. It discusses the changes that happen in the body and brain when fasting and offers a warning about the lack of scientific research on this method used long term.
- Read the current research on fasting
- Discuss diabetes and the risks this method might present to diabetics
- Be aware of any pupils with eating disorders and strongly suggest scholars discuss any changes in diet with their doctors and parents
- Offers quality links to research
- Requires very little class time