Many families use hydrogen peroxide to clean wounds, but should they? The presenter explains the science behind antiseptics. His conclusion, based on the science, is that we should use water and maybe a little soap to clean any wound.
3 Views 0 Downloads
- Incorporate as an opener during a unit on the circulatory system
- Ask for pupil experience with hydrogen peroxide and/or other antiseptics
- Assumes an understanding of the function of an antiseptic
- Uses images and diagrams to increase interest and understanding
- Explains the chemistry of the blood interactions with the hydrogen peroxide