This Sidewalk Stones assessment also includes:
One block, two blocks, white blocks, gray blocks. In the high school assessment task, learners investigate patterns of sidewalk stones to develop a quadratic expression for each colored block. Young mathematicians then use the expression to solve problems.
- Use the resource as a class activity
- The task is the "expert" version of the Sidewalk Patterns task
- Learners need to know how to write and manipulate quadratic expressions and to factor trinomials
- The easily understood context helps pupils make the connection to quadratic expressions
- Resource includes rubric, making it easier to score
- Includes spelling errors