Mastering sight words is an important step in learning to read. Use this activity to help your pupils practice all of their sight words. Kids trace the word, say it out loud, write it a few times, use it in a sentence, and draw a picture of the word.
- Make copies with several different words written in and set up a classroom center
- Prepare these one word at a time and go through each step as a class
- It says to trace a word, but there isn't a word written there; you can customize this template to fit any number of sight words by writing in words before making copies
- Includes nice wide handwriting lines for beginning writers to use
- The exercise involves several steps for lots of practice