Explore patterns in multiplying with positive and negative numbers. Viewers learn the rules for multiplying two signed numbers and then watch as these rules are extended to multiplying with more than two numbers.
5 Views 6 Downloads
- Use the video during a review of the rules for operations with signed numbers
- Learners should have prior experience with negative numbers
- Pupils must be able to recognize different symbols for multiplication, such as the dot symbol
- Includes the case where there are more than two factors, combating a common misconception that the product of signed numbers is positive if all factors are negative
- Does not properly explain why two negative signs can be canceled out to positive signs