This Silicon, Semiconductors, and Solar Cells: Crash Course Engineering #22 video also includes:
Not a conductor, not an insulator, just a semiconductor. An engineering video focuses on silicon and semiconductors. It first describes N-type and P-type semiconductors, and then shows how they work together in diodes, transistors, and solar cells.
- Have learners create a graphic organizer comparing and contrasting N-type and P-type semiconductors
- Provide the class with cloze notes to fill in during the video
- Basic physics and chemistry knowledge is beneficial (atomic structure and interactions)
- Animations help with understanding
- Explanations are thorough and easy to follow