Young writers get a jump start on story telling by selecting a plot, a setting, and multiple character cards and then use these basic elements to create a tale.
70 Views 53 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Laminate the cards, sort them into setting, plot, and character piles and ask writers to choose several characters, one setting, and one plot for their story
- Because the packet includes 16 character cards, 12 setting cards, and 12 plot cards create multiple copies of the templates
- Recruit classroom aides to record stories dictated by little ones
- The activity focuses writer's attention on what happens when these elements are combined
- Reluctant writers will need additional support and encouragement