This Silly Stuff lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
It's time to get a little silly with this fun primary grade science activity. By simply combining two liquids, white glue and corn starch, a strange solid is formed, commonly known as silly putty. To ensure everything goes smoothly, practice the activity prior to performing it in class, identifying any potential issues that may arise. Supplement this exciting lesson as part of a science unit on matter, taking time to identify and discuss the properties of the different materials included in the activity.
- Hands-on activity engages children in learning about the states of matter
- Includes commentary on the instructor's prior experience implementing the lesson
- Requires supplemental instruction about the states of matter to reinforce the academic content of the activity
- Teacher must acquire and prepare materials prior to the activity