This Similar Polygons and Scale Factors: Lesson video also includes:
Develop an understanding of the scale of similarity. Starting with the concept of congruency, the resource introduces the idea of similarity between two figures. As part of a larger playlist on geometry, it defines similarity and uses the scale factor to find measurements.
- Review solving proportions
- Lead a discussion on finding unknown lengths using the scale factor
- Corrects the few mistakes made within the videos
- Shows the algebra required to work the problems
- Includes a link to more resources