What kind of sentence is it? This can be a complex subject, so don't compound the difficulty by skipping over the topic! It's simple, just have your class read and go over the information here and then complete the included exercise.
124 Views 114 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Go through the explanatory page together and have learners label the parts of the sample sentences (independent clauses, coordinating conjunction, etc.)
- Since the exercise is relatively quick, use this as a warm-up activity, a homework assignment, or even an assessment
- While this does apply to a third grade Common Core language standard, the reference element uses language that may be too complex for younger learners
- Includes both explanation and practice
- Answer key is not provided