This Simple, Compound, Complex, and Compound-Complex Sentences in Your Writing presentation also includes:
Have you ever graded a stack of essays that felt like a series of bland simple sentences? A helpful grammar presentation will help learners spice up their writing by varying their sentence style, making them stronger and more attentive writers.
1 Collection 535 Views 623 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have your class watch the presentation in a computer lab or at home for homework to prepare for a flipped classroom activity
- Encourage pairs or small groups to come up with the same sentence written in each sentence structure to demonstrate proper writing variety
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides definitions and examples of simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences, as well as comprehensive lists of subordinating and coordinating conjunctions
- Great for first-time instruction as well as review for older learners