The square root of five and five do not have the same value! How many times have you addressed this with math classes? A lesson gives an explanation of a square root and gives examples for simplifying square root expressions, rationalizing denominators, and estimating values.
- Develop a presentation using the examples in this resource
- Use the practice problems as board work with students to check for understanding throughout the lesson
- Assumes an understanding of rational and irrational numbers
- The third in a series of 11 lessons
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses a variety of questioning methods to develop an understanding of a square root
- Does not include real-life examples or connections