This Simulation on The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict activity also includes:
How do you solve a conflict that's been around for so many years? Scholars discover the viewpoints of stakeholders in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict during an emotionally charged simulation. A facilitator moderates discussions between citizens from both factions while they try to reconcile differences in religion, values, and ideologies.
- Choose the outside facilitator role carefully, as this individual will play as big of a part in the simulation as you will!
- Incorporate current events in Israel into the content to illustrate the ongoing nature of the conflict
- Participants need plenty of space and time to prepare for the discussion
- Review the content with administrators so they are aware of what you will discuss in the lesson
- The roles that students play are well-defined and engaging
- Content is very relevant to current events