This Simultaneous equations (Linear and Quadratic) video also includes:
Now that budding mathematicians have figured out linear systems, its time to try nonlinear! A video tutorial outlines the steps of solving a linear-quadratic system of equations. The instructor demonstrates each step of the process using multiple examples.
- Have pupils complete problems using a graphic organizer with a spot for each step of the process
- Ask learners to complete a problem with a partner; trade roles after each step
- Requires proficiency in using the substitution method with linear systems
- Includes answer keys for practice problems
- Highlights key steps using different colors