This Sine and Cosine Rules and Area of Triangles assessment also includes:
Learners discover how to find missing sides and angles using trigonometry. Scholars first watch a video covering the Law of Sines and Cosines, as well as the area formula for a triangle. To test their knowledge, they complete a instructional activity of problems involving these formulas.
- Use the resource as an intervention tool
- Pause the video to have learners work out solutions before viewing answers
- Note that US pupils are more likely to recognize the Law of Sines and Law of Cosines rather than the Sine Rule and Cosine Rule
- Diagrams are well-drawn and professional-looking
- No real-world applications