This Sine, Cosine, and Tangent Functions: Lighthouse interactive also includes:
How far is that boat from the lighthouse? Scholars create diagrams to represent a scenario given the angle of depreciation from a lighthouse to a boat. Learners apply the basic trigonometric functions to find various distances stemming from either the hypotenuse or an unknown leg of a right triangle.
- Lead a discussion on how to determine whether the description is about the hypotenuse or a leg of the right triangle
- Require the pupils to show their work
- Individuals should understand how to create the right triangles given an angle of depreciation
- Must set up a free account to access the interactive
- The interactive allows for the creation of all the scenarios in the questions
- Shows the correct answers if wrong answers are given