Here's a short video that hits all the high notes! Young scientists observe as amazing patterns appear in sand during a short demonstration. In addition to art and music, the resource explains standing waves, nodes, and how a 3-D model of Chladni plates can levitate objects with sound.
- Make room for the video in a waves and frequencies unit
- Pass out Slinkys and have the class experiment with standing waves
- The resource requires little prior knowledge about waves
- The patterns produced by the waves are unique and beautiful
- Narrator clearly explains each part of the demonstration