Math versus physical reality ... who wins? A short video discusses singularities, starting with division by zero in rational functions and moving on to real-world examples. It covers population growth doomsday equations, Navier-Stokes equations, and black holes.
- Collaborate with the social studies and/or science departments
- Have pupils conduct a web quest on singularities for a journal entry
- Learners should have basic physics knowledge (equation for gravity vs. distance)
- Interesting graphics help cement the concepts
- Thorough explanations of the topics