This Size and Scale – Learning about Measurement activity & project also includes:
Can you visualize one billionth of a meter? It's not easy to understand the scale of a nanometer. Learners use a hands-on lesson to develop an understanding of the size of a nanometer in comparison to common objects. They walk away with a concrete visual of just how small one billionth of a meter really is!
- Create a bulletin board with the pictures and size references in the included materials
- Allow time prior to the activity to prepare necessary materials
- Laminate the images for use in different classes and for subsequent years
- Provides a sample answer key for reflection questions
- Includes all necessary materials and resources necessary for the lesson