This Size Shuffle activity & project also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
In the eyes of children the world is a simple place, objects are either big or small. This simple activity aims to expand the comparison language of young mathematicians as they use the words taller and shorter to compare their height with that of their peers. An engaging primary grade math lesson that gets students out of their seats and working collaboratively to develop their academic language.
- Lesson suggests reading a children's book prior to the math activity, allowing for cross-curricular connections
- Includes ideas for modifying the lesson to teach comparison language for other physical attritubes
- Activity allows children to engage verbally and visually with new vocabulary
- Teacher is required to prepare sets of taller/shorter cards prior to activity