One of the beauties of mathematics is the ability to take words and turn them into symbols. The lesson uses a graph to tell a story, and translates a description of water changing temperatures into a graph. The instructor then reviews how the parts of the graph relate to the story.
- After watching the video, ask the class to write a story to graph; have pairs exchange stories and create the graph
- Post the video online as an accessible resource
- Requires Internet access to watch the YouTube video
- The lesson is the ninth in a series of 29 videos
- The instructor emphasizes units and how to label the graph
- The video does not emphasize the slope of the lines and only includes linear parts