Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Lead your class through a writing exercise that explores personification. After listening to the teacher read a poem that personifies the sky, they go step by step through the writing their own personification poems.
12 Views 6 Downloads
- After students have completed their poems, ask them to illustrate them based on what they chose to personify
- Use this exercise during a poetry unit
- There aren't any accompanying worksheets, so you may wish to create something for pupils to write on
- Comes with a copy of the example poem to read to the class
- Breaks up the poetry writing process into smaller, more manageable steps