A four-part instructional activity challenges scholars' knowledge of American, Australian, and British slang. Learners use context clues to decide which country a slang word is from, complete sentences, decipher a conversation, and answer questions.
- Assign a paragraph in which pupils use a variety of slang words and test peers to locate and define them
- Create a word wall that showcases slang words and their definitions
- Attach a sheet of paper for pupils to answer questions found in exercise three
- Requires copies of up to four pages
- Exercise objectives are clear and concise
- Provides limited space to write answers