Take a shot at explaining the physics of hockey! Olympic hockey players explain the science of their craft in a video lesson. The lesson includes a discussion of force and velocity as well as potential and kinetic energy.
7 Views 7 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Watch video of hockey in slow motion to analyze different velocities of pucks
- Ask pupils to diagram the potential and kinetic energy of the puck and stick at different times during the shot
- Requires an understanding of potential and kinetic energy
- Relevant and adaptable to various grade levels
- Highlights key scientific vocabulary throughout the lesson