This Slavery and the Electoral College lesson plan also includes:
How did slavery mold the creation of the US Constitution? The final activity in the series focuses on how slavery impacted the creation of the Electoral College. Academics learn how the Electoral College was created because Southern states worried a popular vote could affect their rights to own slaves. They participate in discussions, read handouts, and complete worksheets to understand the impact of slavery on the Electoral College and how it has changed over time.
- Guide a discussion on ways slavery impacted the creation of the Constitution
- Have learners create flyers based on how they would change the Electoral College
- Second installment in a two-part series
- Topic of slavery is a sensitive subject and should be handled with care
- Promotes discussion on equal rights
- Includes additional assessment options