"Though most Americans believe slavery was abolished with the Emancipation Proclamation more than a century ago, the horrors of human beings held in bondage flourishes today." Twenty-seven million people are enslaved today worldwide, which is more than any time in history. Learn about the various types of slavery, including sex trafficking, debt bondage, chattel slavery, etc., discover areas of concentration around the world, and begin a discussion on what modern efforts exist to combat slavery today.
- Can download as PowerPoint presentation and edit
- Brings attention to a commonly overlooked topic
- Presentation is an amalgamation of quotes from other sources
- Some references in bibliography lead to broken links
- Class may require further background knowledge and contextual information
- Very few images incorporated