This Slope assessment also includes:
What does slope have to do with lines? Pupils work with lines and determine the slope of the lines informally and with the slope formula. Groups use their knowledge to calculate the slopes of parallel and perpendicular lines. They also determine the relationship between specific lines based upon their slopes.
- Lead a discussion about slope in the real world, such as ski slopes and ramps
- Needs dynamic geometry software for the second activity
- Includes detailed directions to construct drawings using the geometry software
- Contains suggestions for differentiation
- Slope formula does not display correctly in the first activity
- The second activity references the wrong question numbers in a follow-up question