This Small Scale Sculpting: Etch Lab lab resource also includes:
Make works of art using a vintage yet effective etching strategy. The surface of a semiconductor chip has specific patterns formed through a process called etching. Through a lab investigation, young scholars recreate that process on a larger scale using chalk and vinegar.
- Time the activity to fall around the Easter holiday; decorate a tree to display the etched eggs
- Use provided assessment questions as an exit card
- Collect and prepare materials prior to the day of the activity
- Provides an option for an extension activity
- Includes photos of results to add clarity