This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: 6th Grade Math – Target F assessment also includes:
Why does one person need 58 peaches; isn't that a bit excessive? This classic math dilemma offers pupils a chance to turn a word problem into an algebraic equation. Grade 6 Claim 1 Item Slide Shows includes this problem as part of a presentation on applied math and inequalities.
- Remind scholars to think of inequalities by using an alligator that always opens its mouth toward the larger number
- Use as a review prior to standardized testing
- Relies on prior knowledge of inequalities and algebraic equations
- Provides 10 questions on individual slides with each answer on the slide directly following the question
- Includes both multiple-choice and fill-in-the-data-table questions