This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: High School Math – Target A assessment also includes:
Don't get irrational about rational exponents. A PowerPoint presentation highlights the sample high school questions from the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) Claim 1 Target A item specifications. As one part of a larger Claim 1 Item Slide Show series, it covers the connection between radicals and rational exponents.
- Use the questions in a review session for a unit test
- Learners must already have experience with radical expressions and rational exponents
- While the resource is intended for SBAC states, instructors in PARCC states will still find it to be of value
- Includes separate slides showing the answers to each problem
- Provides several different types of items