This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: High School Math – Target M assessment also includes:
Your knowledge of graphs is a function of how much you try. Young mathematicians work on a set of 12 questions that covers graphing functions, comparing functions, and rewriting functions in different forms to determine key features. They must consider linear, quadratic, exponential, square root, absolute value, and logarithmic functions. The presentation is part of the Claim 1 Item Slide Show series.
- Print out the questions as a worksheet and have the class graph the functions on the provided grids
- Learners should have familiarity with different function types
- All questions come directly from the sample items in the high school SBAC Claim 1 Target M item specifications
- Provides answers in separate slides
- PowerPoint format lets instructors use the resource with the whole class