This Social Media for Social Action lesson plan also includes:
Engage in activism, not slacktivism! Scholars discuss social media and the Internet as tools for social change. Next, they engage in a close reading strategy called Thinking Notes as they read an article about social media activism.
10 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Show videos about students making a difference in their communities
- Requires chart paper, markers, and index cards or sticky notes
- In advance, print copies of the article "Millennials and the Age of Tumblr Activism" by Valeriya Safronova
- Includes essential questions and lesson objectives
- Supports kinesthetic learners with movement activities